Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Interview with New School Counselor - Ms. Leon

By Jaiden M.
Edited by Krissi & Maddie

We interviewed Ms. Leon and here is what she said. The answers are coming from her mouth not ours.

Q: Why did you decide to be a school counselor?
A: I decided to become a school counselor because I love working with students and the school counselors I had were really great to me and really inspired me.

Q: Did you think this would become a profession for you and why?
A: I thought this would be the profession for me because
I had a job similar to this, but it wasn’t titled as a school counselor and I loved working with those students, so that position led me to my decision to become a school counselor.

Q: What ideas do you have for the Windsor Woods Wildcats?
A: Something I talked about with Mr. O is called Student Ambassadors. Student Ambassadors are student who get trained to help other students solve problems. They would be a good go to person, someone other students could trust, and feel they could talk to. They would tell adults if there is a problem and the student is too scared. The students could go to the Student Ambassador and would feel safe with them and then the Student Ambassador could report to a teacher or coach to tell them what is going on and what they’re hearing. It will help keep the students safe and make a comfortable environment.

Q: What do you like about the school?
A: What I like about this school is all the students seem to like being here. The staff likes to be here. I love the community that this school has and it feels like everyone is part of a team.

Q: If you were a student, what would be your favorite subject and why?
A: My favorite subject was always art or English, because I couldn’t always take art, but I do like both. I love reading good books and literature. Those are my favorite.

Q: Why do you think you will be successful?    

A: I feel I would be successful because I really do genuinely care about our students and this school, and I want every student to feel they have a safe place to be. That is my goal and my mission and I will do everything it takes to make the students feel safe and help everyone who needs to be helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment