Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Career Day Series - Head Day Custodian

As a part of Career Day Newspaper Club interviewed our Head Custodian Mr. Chris
to learn more about his job.
               
What is your job?
My job is to make sure that the school is ready for business everyday.

What do you do on a average day at work?
My average day of cleaning is spills, bathrooms, and codes. We won’t go into codes
- a code 4 is blood on the floor. Now you just have to think about the other codes.

How did you learn to do your job?
I learned this job from my mother. My mother did this job at a church. I used to go to
work with her and help her. I helped her do her job.

What inspired you to take part in this job?
It’s a long, long story. When I first started with the school system 3 years ago at
Christopher Farms, seeing how other head day custodians ran their school.
Everyone runs their school differently. That inspired me to become a day supervisor.

Why do you like your job?
I like my job because I get to be around the students and it’s fun.

What is the best/worst part of your job?
The best part of my job is the kids - being around the students and the staff.
The worst part of my job is when a someone doesn’t come to work because it
makes everybody else’s job twice as hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment